Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Little About Me:-)

For those of you who were at the 83rd National FFA Convention, you understand the relevence of the "and a goat" portion of this note. For those of you who were not in attendance, please bear with me as I attempt to interest you with 25 facts about Wyatt Nick DeJong. 

1)      Both of my nieces were born when I was at FFA events (South Dakota Leadership Retreat as the State Secretary and when I was in Zambia, Africa this past summer for FFA GO: Africa).

2)      I know how to crochet.

3)      I finished a half marathon this past September (didn’t quite run all 13.2 miles, I walked 2.5 of it).

4)      Kip Littau and I made the champion cold pie at the county fair (Watermelon Pie)!

5)      My home is 15 miles away from the nearest paved road.

6)      I was homeschooled K-8th grades.  Then I went to high school in Winner and stayed with my Beppa (that is Dutch for grandma) during the week because we live 28 miles from town.

7)      I love Maine-Anjou cattle.

8)      One of the first pigs that I ever showed would laugh if he was tickled.

9)      I love chess, cards, and puzzles.

10)   I have never been on a roller coaster.

11)   I have never broken a bone.

12)   I have never had a nickname.

13)   In high school, I was named the best supporting actor.

14)   Tuba…enough said!

15)   Between my three older sisters and me, we have been to 6 continents.

16)   This last year I was on South Dakota State University’s livestock judging team.

17)   I used to love stuffed animals (like the toy kinds) and would always want another for Christmas.

18)   I still have so many toy horses that I keep hidden in my top dresser drawer.

19)   Woodworking is one thing that I really enjoy but don’t ever seem to have time to do it.  My senior project in Ag Structures was a cedar chest.

20)   I love collecting things.  When I was younger I had a variety of collections (rocks, bouncy balls, paper, even Smokey Bear pencils, ect…)

21)   Neck ties are awesome!

22)   Laughing is a lifestyle.

23)   When I was roughly in the third grade, most of my family members had eye-glasses and I wanted some too.  So, I complained that my eyes hurt, when the really didn’t.  When I was at the eye doctor, I purposely chose some of the more blurry lenses so that I could get glasses (yeah, I was a brat back then).  Now I do not use or even need to use glasses.

24)   I do sing Christmas songs all year round (but only to myself:-)

25)   Basketball is my favorite sport.  MARCH MADNESS IS THE BEST!!!!  But I really don’t have a team that I go all out for (if I would have to pick one…it would be Gonzaga!!!! Go Bulldogs).

No comments:

Post a Comment